London Market Product Owner
About The Position
Novidea is an insurance technology company solving the toughest challenges faced by insurance distribution businesses. Our innovative, data-driven insurance software platform allows our customers to manage the entire policy lifecycle across all lines of business, using data to inform every business decision, cross-sell and up-sell. Novidea delivers a 360-degree business view, and a powerful competitive advantage.
We are looking for a Product Owner who is passionate about building products that customers love!
What’s the job:
Are you passionate about building solutions that customers love while delivering on a ccompany’s vision and strategy?
Are you the go-to expert with a knack for engaging multiple stakeholders and building great relationships?
Make your impact as a London Market Product Owner at Novidea. Novideans (plural noun: employees of Novidea) are empowered to innovate, provided the tools to do so, and with the autonomy to do great things!
Novidea is an insurance technology company solving the toughest challenges faced by insurance distribution businesses. Our innovative, data-driven insurance software platform allows clients to manage the entire policy lifecycle across all lines of business, using data to inform every business decision, cross-sell and up-sell. Novidea delivers a 360-degree business view and a powerful competitive advantage.
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to join Novidea’s Product team to help drive delivery of functionality which supports London/Lloyd’s market agents. We are looking for an experienced Product Owner who is passionate about building products that customers love.
As a key member of the Product department, you will work with cross-functional teams including R&D, Project Delivery and Quality Assurance to design, build, launch and optimise an end-to-end policy management system that delivers both customer requirements and the company’s vision and strategy.
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for gathering requirements from customers and Novidea’s delivery, product, sales and support teams. You will also help to develop new ideas based on your industry expertise. Post gathering the requirements, you will specify them in the form of user stories and use cases. Upon moving requirements into the development phase, you will work with R&D and QA to ensure the requirements are well understood and met by the developed functionality. You must possess a blend of business and technical traits, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must be able to effectively translate business needs to technical requirements while building an understanding of the Novidea offering.
What you’ll do:
- Support management on different aspects of the product, from the roadmap and releases, through to requirements and documentation.
- Through your market knowledge, use an evidence-based approach to consider current and future product features.
- Keep abreast of market initiatives, client business demands, and regulatory changes affecting the product and our company strategy
- Collate feedback from internal stakeholders and customers to feed functional requirements supplied to the development team.
- Translate functional/business requirements into a solution design that enables development to deliver at level of quality expected
- Create and refine user stories in collaboration with the Product, R&D and QA teams.
- Supply low-level elaboration for user stories, which may include providing business scenarios, user journeys and explanation of complex problem scenarios.
- Communicate the goals of the feature to the development team, quality assurance team and stakeholders through the use of and other tools.
- Primary point of contact for your workstream, primarily with the R&D team throughout analysis and development phases.
- Manage the content supplied to the R&D team for each sprint.
- Become an SME of Novidea functionalities through the development process.
What you bring (experience):
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner in an Agile development environment.
- Strong understanding of the London insurance market, particularly in regard to London/Lloyd’s market insurance agencies, their processes, operational challenges and the corresponding data.
- Played a critical role in the delivery of policy management systems to London/Lloyd’s market organisations.
- Extensive experience with writing business requirement documents.
- Strong analysis skillset. Able to demonstrate problem solving and application of “What If?” analysis.
- Proven track record working with technical teams, with the ability to clearly convey complex principles.
- Problem solving skills, both business and technical
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, communicating effectively with customers and offshore development teams, including both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Worked with remote development teams.
- Experience managing the ceremonies and methodologies utilised in the Agile SDLC framework.
- Worked in a culture of company “scale up”.
- Interfacing as the supplier to client project teams.
- Prior experience in JIRA.
○ There will be some opportunities to travel to the Israel office as and when projects require.
Life at Novidea
We hire people, not just skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this role is a great fit for you, even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
Novidea is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and we are proud and committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Follow us on social media for more of #lifeatNovidea