Reinsurance Product Manager
About The Position
Are you passionate about building solutions that customers love while delivering on a company’s vision and strategy? Are you the go-to expert with a knack for engaging multiple stakeholders and building great relationships? Make your impact as a Reinsurance Product Manager at Novidea. Novideans (plural noun: employees of Novidea) are empowered to innovate, provided the tools to do so, and with the autonomy to do great things!
The ideal candidate is a reinsurance expert and product champion who dives in deep to research the market and industry, coordinating with stakeholders to design a solution that delivers on our vision and strategy all while exhibiting a passion for innovating with a growing company on its way to the top.
Novidea is an insurance technology company solving the toughest challenges faced by insurance distribution businesses. Our innovative, data-driven insurance software platform allows clients to manage the entire policy lifecycle across all lines of business, using data to inform every business decision, cross-sell and up-sell. Novidea delivers a 360-degree business view and a powerful competitive advantage.
What's The Job?
The Reinsurance Product Manager is a business expert and product champion responsible for the vision, execution and profitability of Novidea’s reinsurance product. You will develop, maintain and communicate product roadmap in line with our vision and strategy, ensuring maintenance of the product’s quality throughout its lifecycle.
As the product’s biggest cheerleader, you’ll work closely with sales and marketing to define a go-to-market strategy and help them understand the product’s positioning, key benefits, and target customers. Additionally, you’ll rally cross-functional teams from development to business analysts to client services and delivery to deliver a quality product on time and on budget.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as product subject matter expert (SME), providing vision and leadership to meet market needs, leverage opportunities, and prioritise future development. Train and develop team members on business and product knowledge
- Design and maintain product roadmap based on market initiatives, client business requirements, delivery priorities, and compliance and regulatory requirements. Communicate roadmap to and get buy-in from internal and external stakeholders
- Manage product to include developing and maintaining a resource capacity plan (to delivery to quality, on time and on budget); ensuring any product changes are in line with the roadmap; and liaising and coordinating with all product managers and owners to ensure all of Novidea’s products are integrated and provide a seamless product architecture and solution
- Research, evaluate, and adopt new technologies and solutions for the product in line with our strategy
- Keep abreast of market initiatives, clients business demands, and regulatory changes affecting the product and our company strategy
- Translate functional/business requirements into a solution design that enables development to deliver at level of quality expected
- Work closely with the sales team to promote the product and its related services to achieve sales targets set for all resources assigned to the product
- Liaise with client services and sales teams, including clients directly, to determine whether customer requests for product changes are on roadmap or a customisation is required
- Develop a highly skilled team of product experts
What You Bring:
- Insurance domain and reinsurance subject matter expertise required
- Considerable business analysis and system solution design skills
- Extensive understanding of management of technical work streams particularly software development and product implementation
- Delivery management of services in a software vendor environment operating in the insurance sector
- Problem solving skills, both business and technical
- Ability to critically review IT strategy and solutions that reduce cost of implementation, development and product ownership
- Leadership skills to include coaching, mentoring, goal setting, communication, and delegation
- An enthusiastic personality to serve as product champion and cheerleader passionate about the product and company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Considerable understanding of the business with ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
If You Bring These, Even Better!
- Experience working with Business Change Programs
- Experience working with and managing remote teams
- Prior technical knowledge and experience
Life at Novidea
We hire people, not just skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this role is a great fit for you, even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
Novidea is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and we are proud of and committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Follow us for more of #lifeatNovidea