Technical Business Analyst
About The Position
Novidea is an insurance technology company solving the toughest challenges faced by insurance distribution businesses. Our innovative, data-driven insurance software platform allows to manage the entire policy lifecycle across all lines of business, using data to inform every business decision, cross-sell and up-sell. Novidea delivers a 360-degree business view, and a powerful competitive advantage.
We are looking for an excellent Technical Business Analyst to join the team.
What's the job:
We are looking for an experienced Agile Business Analyst who is passionate about building products that customers love! As an essential member of the product department, you will guide an Agile team that designs, develops and maintains applications for insurance brokers and agents in the London Market. You will work with cross-functional teams including R&D, Project Delivery and Quality Assurance, to design, build, launch and optimize an end-to-end insurance policy management system that delivers both customer requirements and the company’s vision and strategy.
We are looking for someone who possesses a blend of technical and business traits, you must be able to effectively capture, challenge and ultimately translate business needs into clear and concise requirements for the development teams to build from. As the candidate’s role progresses, building an understanding of the Novidea offering is crucial to enhance the quality of the presentation of such business requirements
This role will focus on building out Novidea’s Retail Scheme related components. This is where London Market or Retail brokers, MGAs or Cover holders distribute packaged products through a full quote and bind journey, using rating and underwriting rules to provide real-time pricing to the agent or end customer. These products may be sold through a panel or through a more traditional pre-agreed Binder.
- Support management on different aspects of the product, from the roadmap and releases, through to requirements and documentation
- Through your technical or market knowledge, use an evidence-based approach to consider current and future product features
- Use feedback from the product roadmap, internal stakeholders and customers to feed functional requirements to the development team
- Create and refine user stories in collaboration with the product and development teams, converting business requirements into technical specifications,
- Providing business scenarios with real-life examples
- User journeys with attention to UX
- Communicate the goals of the feature to the development and quality assurance teams, and stakeholders through the use of commonly used storyboards and other tools
- Become the point of contact for questions within your work stream
- Support Product Manager in management of sprint content
- Over time, learn the advantages / limitations of working with a Salesforce data model
What you have:
- Experience as a Business Analyst within an Agile environment
- Experience working within software development, working directly with development teams (remotely)
- Experience researching and writing product requirements (user stories)
- Strong business understanding, specifically around
- (Retail/SME/Commercial) Schemes terminology
- Product structure
- Schemes Rating and Versioning
- EDI messaging
- Underwriting rules
- Experience conducting process mapping sessions
- Competence in system and data analysis
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Use of JIRA
- London Market processes, specifically Binders and Cove holder business
- Working in / understanding of a company scale up culture
- Interfacing as the supplier to client project teams
- UI or UX experience - providing a fully optimized solution to an end customer
Life at Novidea
We hire people, not just skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this role is a great fit for you, even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
Novidea is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and we are proud and committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Follow us on social media for more of #lifeatNovidea