About The Position
Are you creative by nature, with a passion for building products that customers love and solve real problems? Do you geek out on the latest and greatest technology and are the first in line when the newest gadget hits the market? Fuel that passion as a Product Owner at Novidea. Novideans (plural noun: employees of Novidea) are empowered to innovate using the latest and greatest technology and with the autonomy to do great things!
With a blend of technical and business skills, the ideal candidate has a knack for engaging multiple stakeholders to effectively capture, challenge, and ultimately translate business needs into clear and concise requirements for development.
Novidea is an insurance technology company solving the toughest challenges faced by insurance brokers, agencies, MGAs and coverholders. Our innovative, data-driven insurance software platform allows users to manage the entire policy lifecycle across all lines of business, using data to inform every business decision, cross-sell and up-sell. Novidea delivers a 360-degree business view, and a powerful competitive advantage.
What’s the Job?
The Product Owner is an essential member of the product team, providing guidance to an Agile team that designs, develops, and maintains cross-regional and cross-functional applications for insurance brokers and agents around the world.
The PO designs, builds, launches, and optimizes an end-to-end insurance policy management system that delivers both customer requirements and the company’s vision and strategy. This is achieved by effectively capturing, challenging, and translating business needs into clear and concise requirements for development teams.
What You’ll Do
- Support Product Manager in management of roadmap and sprint content
- Lead sprint reviews and attend and actively participate in other team events
- Create and refine user stories in collaboration with the product and development teams, converting business requirements into technical specifications
- Define business scenarios with real-life examples
- Create user journeys with attention to user experience on different aspects of the product
- Use feedback from the product team, internal stakeholders, and customers to feed functional requirements to the development team
- Communicate the goals of the feature to the development and quality assurance teams and stakeholders
What You Bring
- Considerable experience working on product teams (BA or PO roles)
- Considerable experience working directly with software development teams
- Experience researching and writing product requirements (user stories)
- Strong business understanding of workflows, data structure, and third-party integration and APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand system data models
- Passion for product
- A team player mindset
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
If You Bring These, Even Better!
- Experience with US insurance integrations, such as Ivans
- AMS or Salesforce experience
- Ability to work with remote development teams
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- U/I or U/X experience
- Experience working with Atlassian products, specifically Jira and Confluence
Life at Novidea
We hire people, not just skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this role is a great fit for you, even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
Novidea is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and we are proud of and committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Follow us for more of #lifeatNovidea